- Students and HoIs briefed about the objectives of HEPF and encouraged to take on the role of environment crusaders
- First zonal level meeting with Principals, Headmasters & heads of Government and Private Schools along with student representatives.
The Education Group of Haryana Environment Protection Foundation (HEPF) – Faridabad Chapter, which comprises Educational Institutes, NGOs, RWAs, Industries and private sectors organized its first zonal level meeting at Grand Columbus International School, Sector 16A, Faridabad in which Principals, Headmasters & Heads of Government and Private Schools along with student representatives participated for sensitization as well as awareness regarding environmental protection and conservation measures. The Heads of Educational Institutions along with their student representatives were fully briefed about the aims and objectives of Haryana Environment Protection Foundation.The teaching community and students were prevailed upon the importance of taking an aggressive campaign against acute environmental pollution which has highly impacted the normal life of people and caused a lot of discomfort and health hazards.A brochure with an overview of the program and activities to be undertaken under the umbrella of the Haryana Environment Protection Foundation was also distributed amongst all delegates.
Dr. N C Wadhwa, along with other members of the Education Group of Haryana Environment Protection Foundation fully briefed the delegates about suggested activities to be undertaken by Education Institutions, both schools and colleges from the public and Private sectors. Some of the prominent suggested activities were:
- Environment Protection Student Assembly on the pattern of Model UN Assembly
- Environment walks/runs
- Celebrating Earth Day / Environment Day
- Organizing skits / nukkadnataks, one-act plays, debates, declamation contest, essay/story writing
- Formation of Eco-Clubs and appointment of Student Ambassadors, Eco Warriors for undertaking an aggressive campaign for the protection and preservation of water bodies, solid waste management, campaigns to keep air and space clean and healthy.
Similar sensitization workshops will be conducted across three other zones within this month so that the complete Faridabad District is covered under this program. It is noteworthy that Manav Rachna Educational Institutions, Faridabad and DeenDayalUpadhyay Research Institute, New Delhi have jointly constituted the Haryana Environment Protection Foundation (HEPF) to implement the mandate of National Green Tribunal in the State of Haryana for special measures to protect and conserve environment with a sustainable approach. HEPF has been constituted on the active initiative of the Haryana Government. The objective of this Foundation is to undertake time bound initiatives for protection of environment at the State level and float Regional Chapters at each District level to effectively drive the initiative. District Faridabad has been chosen as a Model District for launching the Pilot Project to implement the National mandate.